Monday, July 7, 2008

Yeah for Independence Day Parties!


Carolyn always supplies the fun accessories.

Although my quick trip to the DC area was to help my grandmother after a minor surgery, her extended stay in the hospital meant that I spent more time than planned with my mom, dad and sister. After spending the morning with my grandmother, I made it to my sister and brother-in-law's July 4th bash featuring Adam's famous brisket.


Tequila is the perfect way to catch-up with old friends.

Since I've met many of Carolyn's friends, I didn't feel like the odd person out. A true bonus was my college friend Roberto showing up on his way to meet friends in DC. Carolyn and Bobby had met before, and as you can tell from the picture above, they get along just fine.

I also have to highlight Carolyn's flower garden which borders her driveway. This picture doesn't do her efforts justice, but it gives you an idea of who has the greenest thumb in the family. The hollyhocks are beautiful and impressive.

No comments: